The bathroom is a place of cleansing and renewal, where we wash away the stresses of the day or prepare to face the morning. It’s desirable for a bathroom to feel fresh and bright, and a high level of functionality is a must.
1. Matching towels, bath mat and face cloths. They don’t have to cost a fortune, wait for a sale or shop at a discount store. This simple suggestion will make a huge difference to the look of your bathroom.
2. Rubbish bin. Something small, neat and in keeping with the colour scheme of the room. This practical addition will help ensure your bathroom remains tidy and clean.
3. Shower shelving. Check out the selection at your local hardware store. This is a must for organising shampoos, razors and liquid soaps. Don’t leave them languishing on the floor collecting slime.
4. Squeegee tool. Cleaning the shower is a painful task, but if you keep a squeegee tool on hand, you can quickly sluice down the sides after each use to slow the accumulation of slimy build up.
5. Matching sink top containers. Coordinate your sink top toothbrush holder and liquid soap dispenser. Opting for a refillable dispenser will save you money and reduce unnecessary waste, as you can buy large refill bottles of liquid soap for a good price.
6. An attractive shower curtain. Pick something that works with the rest of the room that you’ll enjoy looking at each day. Wash it regularly to keep it clean and fresh.
7. Tea light candles. Place some scented candles in little glass globes and position around the bath.
8. A chair. If space permits, a comfortable chair is a great addition to any bathroom. Cane works well, or pick a durable fabric option designed for outdoor use to withstand the steamy conditions. Great to collapse on as you remove your socks after a long day.
9. A beautiful feature light. It’s possible to get glass chandeliers for a good price at some design stores now, or there are pretty sea shell options which work well in a watery setting.
10. Music. A source of music will make your time in the bathroom much more enjoyable. A compact CD player should do the trick.