ORDER LINE - 0800 001 180WE'RE OPEN 24/7
SUPPORT - KOOL GRILL
FIRST USE & INSTRUCTIONS
Before using the Kool Grill for the first time, and for best results, please ensure you read the Owner’s Manual enclosed with the product or alternatively you can download it here.
I've lost my manual, where can I get another one?
You can download your manual here. All operating instructions on how to use your Kool Grill can be found in the manual.
What do I need to use my Kool Grill?
- Natural Hardwood Charcoal: For best results and flavour, use natural hardwood charcoal, not processed or briquettes. Walnut-sized chunks burn best, and bring your Kool Grill up to cooking temperature faster
- Lighter Gel: Available at specialist BBQ shops and selected hardware stores
- 4x AA batteries
Can I use my Kool Grill indoors?
Because Kool Grill burns charcoal, it is essential you only ever use it in a well-ventilated area.
- Remove Kool Grill from packaging
- Unclip the Stainless steel (1) from outer bowl (7) and remove charcoal cage (4) and stainless steel inner bowl (6)
- Refer to the contents list and assembly diagram to make sure you have all components
- Turn the outer bowl upside down. Remove battery compartment lid (11). Insert 4x AA batteries into the battery compartment ensuring correct orientation (10). Replace battery compartment lid
- Place inner bowl inside outer bowl
- Fill charcoal cage with walnut-sized chunks of charcoal
- Apply a circle of lighter gel 10mm wide onto the lighter plate (5). Place lighter plate inside inner bowl
- Turn fan on/off control knob (9) clockwise to maximum setting
- Light gel with barbeque lighter or matches
- Place charcoal cage lid (3) on charcoal cage. Place charcoal cage on lighter plate
- Place stainless steel grill on top of inner bowl. Make sure the four grill pins (2) fit over the outside edge of the inner bowl. Make sure the hoops on the grill are aligned with the grill locking latches (8)
- Hook the grill locking latches over the outer rail of the grill and fasten down to secure the grill
- After 5 minutes Kool Grill should be at cooking temperature
- Use the fan off/on knob to control heat and charcoal burn rate
- Clean grill and stainless steel inner bowl after each use using warm water and detergent. The grill and inner bowl are also dishwasher safe.
- Clean outer bowl with a damp cloth only. Never immerse in water. Do not clean with solvents or flammable liquids.
- Remove batteries if storing Kool Grill for a long time.
- Be aware the charcoal cage will need replacing from time to time
- Let the Kool Grill cool completely before cleaning
I can't find Lighter Gel?
You can also use fire starters such as little Lucifer’s. You can buy these from your local supermarket or hardware store.
Does it take batteries?
Yes it requires 4 x 1.5v AA batteries.
What type of charcoal do I use?
You can use any type of charcoal but it is recommended to use small chunks of natural hardwood charcoal for efficiency and flavour.
Kool Grill is covered by a 1 Year Product Warranty